WHAT IS AXS?
AXS, also known as Axie Infinity, is a blockchain-based gaming platform that allows players to buy, breed, and battle creatures known as Axies.
Axie Infinity whose goal is very simple; win the fight against a player or against the robot. The fights are clashes between small monsters (Axies). There are Axies of different species. It is a game that is on the ETH blockchain and the Axies are Nft (non-fungible token). If all this is gibberish for you, don’t worry you will find as you walk on this site the answers to the questions you ask yourself.
At first glance, Axie Infinity, therefore, seems to be a simple game mixing the style of Pokemons (with very cute characters) or Tamagotchi and Dungeons and Dragons with playing cards having different powers and abilities. This is a game supported by: Ubisoft, Samsung, Binance
HISTORY OF AXS
Blockchain game Axie Infinity is a successful project by Sky Mavis studio. The general concept was formed back in 2017. The slogan of the company: “We are the builders of nations. We create the worlds of the future and their infrastructure”. Their game universe runs on blockchain and is operated by users who can earn from unique non-fungible tokens (NFT).
The team includes 40+ employees. The headquarters is located in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam).
- Trung Thanh Nguyen. Position – General Director. Who takes all global decisions: from marketing to technical? Earlier in Vietnam, he founded the Lozi e-commerce project. He worked at Trusting Social, which works with banks and other financial institutions, and at Anduin Transactions, which raises funds for startups.
- Jeffrey Zirlin. Position – project development manager and co-founder of Sky Mavis. He is responsible for expanding the community, attracting new partners, and overseeing the design of NFT. He graduated from Yale University with a degree in Military Economic History and played for a long time in World of Warcraft.
- Alexander Leonard Larsen. Position – Chief Operating Officer. Deals with business issues. Serves on the board of directors of the Blockchain Game Alliance, which promotes blockchain in the gaming industry. Therefore, it has connections in Asia: South Korea, Vietnam, Japan, and Hong Kong. He represented Norway at international competitions in Dota 2, and Warcraft 3 and entered the top 200 best European gamers.
- Andy Ho. Position – technical director. Responsible for the engineering component. He studied at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, and represented the country in the student programming world championship. He was a developer at Anduin Transactions and an intern at Paypal and Google.
- Tu Doan. Positions – Game Designer and Art Director. Responsible for visual design. He was the co-founder and chief designer of Lozi.
In a blockchain game, the basic elements are unique tokens; it was through their sale that the initial fundraising took place. Then the service token of the project was introduced.
Jeffrey Zirlin, a founder of Sky Mavis, believes the GameFi sector is key to the massive adoption of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology. The goal of their team is to create worlds with real economic processes and infrastructure that belong to users. And in the future, this can become a place where everyone will live, earn money and relax.
ADVANTAGES OF AXS
- Unique gameplay: AXS offers a unique and engaging gaming experience that combines elements of trading card games, collectibles, and strategy games.
- Ownership of digital assets: Players who purchase and breed Axies on the platform have full ownership of their digital assets, which they can buy, sell, and trade on secondary marketplaces.
- Decentralized platform: The use of blockchain technology ensures that Axies are stored on a decentralized platform, making it difficult for them to be lost or damaged, and ensuring that they can be bought, sold, and traded with confidence.
DISADVANTAGES OF AXS
- Limited adoption: AXS is still a relatively new platform, and its adoption has been limited so far. This may limit its potential for growth and impact on the gaming industry.
- Competition: AXS faces competition from other gaming platforms, which may make it difficult for it to gain a foothold in the market.
- Technical challenges: AXS is a complex technology that may pose technical challenges for users and developers. This may limit its appeal to a wider audience and hinder its growth.
FEATURES OF AXS
- Serves as a utility token in the game universe. It gives the right to vote and is used for staking and making money. Together with the Smooth Love Potions (SLP) token, it is required for breeding creatures.
- Although the developers launched their Ronin network, tokens (both utility and NFT) were issued on the Ethereum blockchain.
- The purpose of creation is to transfer control into the hands of the holders. But full decentralization in the fall of 2021 has not yet been achieved. A large number of tokens are in the hands of the Sky Mavis gaming studio.
- You can earn crypto coins in a non-standard way: by playing in the world of the Lunacian.
- Gas is used to pay for operations in the network. But its price is lower than on the Ethereum blockchain.